Pay Per Click
Pay per click advertising consists of ads that are written by advertisers to be triggered when certain keywords or phrases are searched on. Each time a person clicks on the ad, they are sent to the advertiser’s website, and the advertiser is charged for that “click”.
Pay per click advertising can be a VERY profitable way to increase sales and leads and should be part of every business owners’ Internet advertising campaign.
▪ It’s fast – you can have a campaign up and running in less than 30 minutes. Getting your site into the search engine listings can take weeks or even many months depending on the competition level.
▪ If you understand how to manage a pay per click campaign, you can have immediate feedback and metrics to determine the return on your investment. You can see how much money you are spending, what your potential customers are doing online, and what sales you’ve made. If you think about advertising in the Yellow Pages, it’s the opposite…with the Yellow Pages, you never even know if anyone sees your ad!
▪ It can tell you what the money terms are! How do you even know what to optimise your site for? You can test them easily with a pay per click campaign, and then apply that knowledge to your search engine optimisation efforts.
Unfortunately, managing even a small pay per click campaign can be complex and requires very specialised knowledge and experience. There are several problems that the novice advertiser runs into.
▪ Understanding Google’s rules and tips and tricks - Google has lots of unwritten rules for how campaigns should be set up and run. These rules have a direct impact on how much you’ll pay for the advertising. These rules include:
• Keyword grouping
• Quality score
• Ad relevancy
• Click through rate management
• Bid pricing
▪ Keyword research – Most companies have anywhere from 10 to keywords and should most likely be bidding on 1,000-3,000. The right tools and strategies can make a big difference in your campaign.
▪ Ad testing – If you’re not split testing, you’re most likely getting only half the visitors to your site than you should be.
▪ Conversion tracking – Most business owners don’t know how to track whether a dollar spent on advertising generated any sales. Obviously, without this information, you’re flying blind.
▪ Tools – Having the right tools in the market to help create and manage pay per click campaigns is critical.
▪ Targeted landing pages – Sending all your visitors to a generic home page isn’t nearly as effective as sending them to a targeted page that tells them exactly how you can solve their particular problem.
Our services our designed to help you manage your pay per click campaign. Check out or strategy on Search Engine Domination to see what we can do to use pay per click advertising to boost your profits today!