How To Dominate Your Local Market:
Understand your customers’ searching behaviour. Walk in their shoes, and understand the dialogue the searcher is having with the web. Most customers are researching or looking for a problem to solve. If you understand what problem they’re trying to solve (keywords and phrases) you can provide them with a very customised solution to it (your landing page, website…and ultimately your product).
Decide how you will track conversions. Often this is easy…it’s when you make a sale. Other times it can be trickier. If you’re a real estate agent, you’ll most likely be tracking leads. In addition, you’ll have to assign some kind of dollar value to that lead so you can determine how much advertising to spend in order to get it.
Decide on autoresponders and set them up. Autoresponders are simply a way to keep in touch with your customers and prospects. Essentially it’s automated email.
Do the keyword research
▪ Brainstorm the core ones with a diverse group
▪ “spy” on your competitions’ using tools
▪ use other tools to expand the core list
Group keywords by the conversation type (what is the potential customer looking for)?
▪ If you’re a real estate agent, you’re prospects will be having different conversations if they’re looking to relocate as opposed to someone already in your area looking to sell their house
Build landing pages on your site for each conversation type
▪ You’d want the two different potential customers above to go to two different pages within your site, because you want to highlight the different value propositions you’re bringing to the table…to solve their particular problem.
Set up your own blog/s
Set up your adwords campaign using the keywords, groupings and landing pages
Monitor and test…EVERY DAY
▪ Article creation and marketing
▪ Social media/Web 2.0 site creation
▪ Online video creation and distribution
▪ Make blog postings on your blog and others’
▪ Forums and yahoo answers participation
As soon as a great “money term” is found, start the search engine optimisation process for that term
Move great “money terms” to Yahoo and MSN pay per click advertising engines
Rinse and repeat this process every 90 days!
Check out these results we did for one of our clients:
This probably looks overwhelming. However, if you know what you’re doing…it’s very straightforward. We can help. Check out our internet marketing services to see exactly how. With just a bit of effort on your part, you can DOMINATE your market. Doing this effectively really is like bringing a gun to a knife fight. And…it’s your competitor’s that will have the knife!